What to Do If Someone Has Been Hurt On Your Trampoline
Trampolines are popular additions to the backyards of today’s family homes. Hours of fun spent jumping on trampolines puts the finishing touch on birthday parties and summer barbecues. However, countless trampoline owners each year deal with a guest sustaining an injury from bouncing around and breaking a bone, twisting an ankle or suffering from a head injury.
At Waitz & Downer, we have been assisting clients with personal injury cases since 1972 and understand the extent of your liability in regards to accidents that occur on your property. If someone has been hurt on your trampoline, here are the 5 steps you need to take following the incident:
- Find out exactly what happened. If you did not witness the incident, ask those involved what happened.
- Offer medical assistance. Certain injuries can be exacerbated by delaying medical treatment. If you do not offer medical assistance, you may be held partly or wholly responsible if the injury worsens due to a lack of immediate medical attention.
- Take notes. After the guests have left your property, write down detailed information outlining what occurred. These notes will help you and your lawyer establish the facts should a case of negligence be brought against you.
- Ascertain whether your homeowner’s insurance policy covers trampoline usage. The majority of homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover accidents on trampolines without an additional premium paid for coverage that extends to what is generally categorized as “dangerous equipment.”
- Contact Waitz and Downer. Unfortunately, some injuries can be quite serious or parents of an injured child may choose to sue you to receive payment for medical bills and compensation for pain and suffering. You should immediately obtain legal advice from your Waitz and Downer legal team in order to assess your liability for the incident and protect your interests should you be named as a party in a lawsuit for the trampoline accident.
Contact the Legal Experts of Waitz and Downer Today
The premise injury lawyers of Waitz and Downer are ready to represent you if you are being sued as a result of injuries sustained while jumping on your trampoline. You are not always at fault in these situations, but you must seek sound legal advice from a highly experienced personal injury law firm, like Waitz and Downer, in order to evaluate the case and mount an ironclad defense to ensure the best possible outcome. We can help! Contact our friendly and informative staff today by calling (985) 876-0870 to schedule your free case evaluation.