Preparing to Meet With A Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Being injured at work can be debilitating. Not only can it result in a personal injury, it can also lead to stressful working conditions or fears of retaliation. However, if you have been injured at work – the lawyers at Waitz & Downer have your back.
Do you need to meet with a workers’ compensation attorney? If so, the below list can help your lawyer assess your case and get started on efforts to help you.
Gather Your Information
Before you meet with a potential workers’ compensation attorney, it is important to gather all of the relevant information that help support your case.
In regards to the specific incident or ongoing incidents at work that resulted in your injury, you should gather the following:
- Date you were hired;
- Date the injury occurred;
- How the injury occurred;
- When your employer was notified;
- Which superiors or supervisors were told of your injury;
- Date of your first medical appointment in relation to the injury;
- Where you received treatment; and
- A brief summary of all resulting medical treatment to date.
Other supporting evidence that will be requested is as follows:
- Any reports of the accident or injury;
- Full medical records;
- Information on any previous injuries that have happened to the same body part;
- A complete list of medical providers and their contact information;
- A list of any potential witnesses and their contact information;
- Correspondences from your employer or their insurance company regarding your claim; and
- Contact information for your employer and their insurance company.
Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Houma
When you hire a workers’ compensation attorney at Waitz & Downer, you can rest assured that you have a lawyer you can rely on. Workers’ compensation cases can be hard and time consuming. With the help of an experience and skilled workers’ compensation attorney, however, getting your paperwork filed correctly the first time can help save you headaches later on.
If you have been injured at work, contact a workers’ compensation attorney with Waitz & Downer today!