Bicycle Accidents Around LSU’s Campus
With an increased push towards being environmentally-friendly and healthy, the number of students relying on bicycles for transportation has been steadily growing. As LSU students take to the roadways in greater volumes with their bicycles, the incidents of bicycle accidents around LSU’s campus has reached a staggering rate with students suffering serious accident-related injuries. Even a slow-speed impact crash with a vehicle can have a long-term devastating effects on the physical health of the bicyclist, which why every student must be aware of what to do if they are involved in an accident when riding a bicycle.
- Do not immediately move. Injuries do not always result in sudden pain as the rush of adrenaline caused by the accident can mask the severity of injury. A simple sore muscle after an accident can turn into immobility by the next morning.
- Ask someone to call 911. While it is important for a police officer to make a report of the incident and speak with any witnesses to the accident, it is critical to be examined by ambulance technicians. Do not object to being taken the hospital when it is recommended by the ambulance technicians as what may appear to be a minor injury can quickly escalate into a major emergency.
- Obtain the police officer’s name and a copy of the report. Ask for the driver’s name and insurance information.
- Get a copy of the incident report. If campus security arrives on the scene, ask for a copy of their incident report.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer to advise you on your best course of action. If you are unable to find legal representation due to injury, ask a family member or friend to locate a reputable attorney in your area. At Waitz and Downer, we are personal injury experts with 50 years legal experience in obtaining justice for victims in Baton Rouge, LA, and we can get you the compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Attorney in Baton Rouge, LA
When a vehicle collides with a bicycle, the bicyclist can suffer from back strains, broken bones, permanent disability and even death. Once you have been in a bicycle accident, it is imperative that you secure immediate legal representation as the medical and property damage bills can be astronomical. Why should you have to pay for an accident that wasn’t your fault?
Schedule your case evaluation today by calling our informative staff at (985) 876-0870. The experienced personal injury attorneys of Waitz and Downer understand your rights of a bicyclist and will aggressively fight you.