5 Reasons You Need a Real Estate Lawyer
Purchasing a home or a business is one of the most important decisions and investments you will ever make. It is a major financial event. Each real estate purchase is complex and needs to follow rules, regulations, environmental restrictions, and so on.
It is in your best interest as a new home or business owner to work with a real estate lawyer to guide you through the process and protect your assets.
Here are the top five reasons you need a real estate lawyer:
- A real estate lawyer can make sure you speak the language. You need to understand all of the language set out in the purchase document. It’s the job of your real estate lawyer to pour over every paragraph and make sure you know exactly what you are signing before money changes hands.
- A real estate lawyer can mediate any issues between landlord and tenants. If you are purchasing a property that has tenants, some disagreements may arise, especially if you haven’t been a landlord before. Your real estate lawyer can assist you in settling these issues.
- A real estate lawyer will protect your rights. After you’ve signed the paperwork for a sale, you may run into someone who claims they own the property, or someone who is trying to perpetrate real estate fraud. Your real estate attorney will handle these situations quickly and protect your rights.
- A real estate lawyer knows who to hire. It’s second nature to a talented real estate lawyer to use their network to hire you the best inspectors, contractors for repairs and maintain a healthy relationship with the seller and their agent.
- Peace of mind. Simply put, hiring a real estate lawyer ensures that you, your family and your business are taken care of and not exposed to any worrisome issues. Having a real estate expert in your corner is one of the smartest decisions you will make.
Real Estate Lawyers Serving Thibodaux, LA
The real estate lawyers at Waitz & Downer are here to assist you with your real estate needs. We offer real estate advice to individuals and business owners in and around Thibodaux, LA and surrounding areas. If you would like to learn more about real estate, contact Waitz & Downer today for a free consultation.